Wednesday, November 18, 2020

I Miss My Cat

 


    It's on cold and sunny days like we've had for the past few days that I think of my cat "Sammie" (Samantha, from Samantha Brady of All My Children TV fame, a similar feisty female). Sammie would lie in sun in winter, on our back deck, but also sometimes in our paved driveway, soaking up the rays and the heat while she did what most cats spend a lot of time doing -- sleeping. I suppose that is because they originated in the desert and probably had periods of hibernation. That's "my" guess.

    Sammie had heart trouble (a rapid heart beat that made it almost impossible for her to sleep) and had to be euthanized last November. It was the humane thing to do. I think she'd previously suffered a heart attack. She was fourteen and a half.  Now, when it is sunny, with cold temps and/or a cold wind whipping up, I think it is a Sammie day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment